If you’ve ever been to an event that required me to bring a goodie, chances are I’m making one thing.
This sweet treat has earned me hundreds of “Mmmm” sounds and lots of questions about the recipe. (Which always surprises me since I originally found the recipe in a torn up magazine at the library!)
So today, because that time of year that requires get togethers and treat bringing is here, I’m going to share my super easy way to make a ton of goodies quickly and on the cheap.
Don’t those look ah-MAY-zing??? They really are. Like “close your eyes and enjoy” delicious.
The best part? They only require THREE ingredients.
Easy Oreo Truffles
- 1 package of regular Oreos. (I normally suggest generics but you’ll want to stick with name brand for this. Trust me.)
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese
- Semi sweet chocolate chip.
- Finely crush the entire package of Oreos. I just drop them in a food processor. You’re going to want very fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine the oreo crumbs with the softened cream cheese. You can try using a spoon or something first but I always end up using my hands to knead it all together. It need to be well blended.
- Once it’s all mixed up, form the mixture into 1″ balls. You should get between 45 and 50 truffles from this. Place them on a parchment lined plate or tray. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- After the hour is up, melt your chocolate chips. Using two forks, coat each ball in chocolate and return to the parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Variations: Sprinkle tops of chocolate dipped truffles with reserves oreo crumbs, sprinkles, sugars, etc.
That’s all there is to it! Oh… and be warned. Once you eat one, you may not be able to stop. Just sayin.
Until next time, Happy Thursday!